Oh yeah, that's a strip

Sometimes the strips featured on Meet the Geeks are based on reality. And often I find myself in these moments quoting Clay "aannnd... That's a strip" 
Take last night for example. 
Spring and I have a love/hate relationship. I love spring for the resurrection of life, fewer bugs and cooler pre-summer temperatures. I hate spring because of my allergies, and they have been acting up with a vengeance. 
Last night I was sent to bed by my wife around 7:30. I was exhausted and in need of a good, solid nights sleep. 
After crawling into bed and dozing for a bit I started feeling the first tickles of an itch forming. I tried to ignore it.
But sometimes it just feels so damned satisfying to scratch. And scratch I did. 
For the next several hours. 
It got to the point that I was trying to draw blood because pain is better than those itches. The ones at your joints. The ones that scurry around under your skin as your scratching fingers desperately chase them around your body. I finally put some skin creme on and, after 11, fell into a restless sleep. 
But sometimes the best comedy comes from life. Those little moments that anyone can relate to.
Those moments that make you say "aannnd... That's a strip"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba