What sorcery is this!?!

Holy crap! It's a new Meet the Geeks comic!

Yes friends, after an extended absence from the web, I, Brother K'Bob, who is sometimes known by the moniker of Corey Toews, have, in my infinite magnanimity, returned the comic from the dead and brought new light to your lives!

Ok. Never mind that the comic is one that I drew some time ago and put up on my personal Facebook page back on, oh.... June 2, 2015. Mind you it looked a bit different. 


As you can see it's a wee bit different. Over the course of the last year I added some shading, blacks, and lettering. 

In the last few days I've been working at my laptop, trying to turn it into something that I can use to start producing comics with. My attempts to find some of my old programs went bust so I started researching workarounds.

I never imagined that MS Paint, or rather Paint.net, an add on for Paint, could be a useful tool for doing comic art. While not as slick as Photoshop it's definitely a step up from the basic paint program that Microsoft includes with their OS. 

That done I was able to find my old Graphire Wacom tablet. I was glad to find that the driver off of Wacom's site worked with Windows 10.

I haven't had a full chance to see what Paint.net is capable of but as you can see it allowed me to create the above comic. The original image was done in my sketchbook in traditional mediums. I then scanned it in on our cheap scanner/printer onto our shared desktop and uploaded the image into my Google drive. From there I transferred it onto my laptop and used Paint.net to create the borders. 

I downloaded a few comic fonts. The Meet the Geeks logo is a font called Shoguns Clan. The font on the bottom is called Yew Basturd. The Meet the Geeks title font is temporary until I can create something new. 

All this was done this morning.  

I'm planning on sticking with the single panel strip for now. Originally I was planing on returning to the four panel format but I think using the single panel format, which admittedly is less work, will give me a bit more motivation to produce new art.

So with this Meet the Geeks will be returning to the realm of being a webcomic.

Stay tuned for new updates!

~Brother K'Bob

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh yeah, that's a strip

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba

New Ideas and projects.