The latest on Sweden: the Novel - SeanGeek

There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes here at seanmcginity.ca. For those unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, it is a yearly tradition where writers across the globe spend 30 days writing a novel. That's 50,000 words in 30 day.

This time out I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to take the book I had been working on (working title: Sweden) and get close to that final edit. This meant going back to a book I put a hold on when the kids were born. I have been spending my days and nights working through it, reworking parts, changing the sequence of the book around, and writing new sections. I am hoping to get the majority of the work done in 30 days. So far I have worked through over 35,000 words. A lot of the things that seemed thin were beefed up, some of the action was tightened up, some things have been trimmed down to keep up the pace in the story.

I have to admit, the changes have been worthwhile. It took 4 years, but it really seems like daddy brain might have some room back in it for creative brain again.

So what does this mean. I have some internal timelines I hope to make concrete soon. Once I have made it through this edit, I can timeline how I plan to get the book out there and where you'll be able to get it.

As per usual, I believe in go big or go home, so the novel probably won't stop with just publishing the darn thing. I have some big ideas with where I want to go with it. Stay tuned here at seanmcginity.ca or the Meet The Geek Blogspot and keep updated with the story on getting this to press.

SeanGeek
Seanorama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Oh yeah, that's a strip

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba