Happy Canada Day!!


Happy Canada Day Geeks!

No, I didn't get out to celebrate. I had to work.

I did get a chance to spend a couple of hours with some friends and have a delicious dinner.

I do consider myself fortunate to have been born and raised in Canada. Winnipeg especially. When I think on all that Winnipeg has going for it I feel lucky indeed.

For our US Geek friends here is what Canada Day is.

From Wikipedia: Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada) is the national day of Canada. It celebrates the anniversary of the July 1, 1867 enactment of the Constitution Act, 1867 (then called the British North America Act, 1867), which united the three separate colonies of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick into a single dominion within the British Empire called Canada. Originally called Dominion Day (French: Le Jour de la Confédération), the holiday was renamed in 1982, the year the Canada Act was passed.

The Geeks would also like give their respect to those who have served in the Canadian Armed Forces protecting our way of life. I know there are many of you out there.

~Brother K'Bob


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Oh yeah, that's a strip

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba