The future is in my pocket

Technology is amazing. 

My families first computer, aside from our 'Pong' console, was a Commodore Vic 20. Children of today won't recognize it. It was simply a keyboard that plugged into your tv and had a rudimentary operating system on it. You could program in dos and do some basic word processing on it. All in all it was a basic machine, little more than a toy.

Now, I'm typing this out on a wirelessly connected miniature keyboard on a small computer that plays music, records video, wirelessly connects to the Internet, and performs a multitude of functions too numerous to list here.

When my mother was job searching when I was a child, my father would bring home a massive electric typewriter for her to type out her resume. He would then bring it to his office to photocopy it. She would check the  help wanted section of the newspaper and physically visit each office to drop off a resume. She would then have to wait for a phone call and hope she was home to receive it.

Nowadays you can perform all this from an item that fits in your pocket.

Well, perhaps not writing out your resume, but you can store it on your device and send it out instantaneously if you come across a job listing that appeals to you.

When I started 2016 my mantra was "have iPod, will travel" and more and more I find myself fascinated by what this little device is capable of.

In the coming months I'm hoping to more fully explore the abilities of my iPod, a sixth generation touch, and maybe document my findings.

~Brother K'Bob

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Oh yeah, that's a strip

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba