Back in the Saddle now with Video!




On Friday, July 27th, 2018, I filmed my second (third?) live feed via the Meet the Geeks Facebook page while I was working on a comic.

The comic is a re-do of one that had been previously published back in 2007. I was originally going to re-scan and re-colour the original one but since I was already working on new strips I figured I would draw it again in the updated style.

Re-drawing the comic also gave me a chance to address some continuity errors regarding the clothing that the characters were wearing and keeping everything in line.

So here you can see a scan of the original comic. The comic also features what will be the first of a look between Corey and Clayton that will mean that trouble lies ahead.


The Script

Panel 1

Corey: Hey Clay! Check it out! We have a flagpole!

Clayton: Huh! Too bad we don't have anything to hoist up it.

Panel 2

No Dialogue

Panel 3

Matt:(off panel) What? Hey! Wait! What are you... AHHHHHHHHHHH!

SFX: RIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Panel 4 

SFX: Creak Creak Creak


And below you can see the updated one. The layout of the panels is almost the same. However I've updated Corey's look and have him wearing the black leather jacket that I wear most often now as opposed to the brown leather one that he was wearing in the original strip. Not that you can tell that in black and white. 

Clay's outfit pretty much stayed the same. 

The last two panels are almost identical to the original except that I left room for the dialogue at the top. 



Overall it's still pretty much the same strip. Same dialogue. Same gag. I just updated the artwork somewhat.

I hope that you enjoyed this little sneak peek. Stay tuned and I'll probable share more of the behind-the-scenes goings on in future videos and blog posts. 

And, as always, feel free to let me know what you think!.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba

Oh yeah, that's a strip