Cartooning and cats


I always felt bad for my cat Thunder, all twenty pounds of him, during the times I was working on the comic. He would be circling around my chair meowing, purring, whining and doing whatever he could to get my attention. Of course he never fully understood other than knowing that I was doing something that did not involve him. Of course this applied to most things that I did without him. Showering, going to the washroom, cooking, etc, etc...

Of course cats are a big draw. Lar Desouza, comic artist and caricaturist extraordinaire, has three cats. Launchpad, Dante and Pixel, who have become minor celebrities via Lar's "Kittycam". Another of my friends regularly films her morning workouts. Likewise her cats, Misty and Brindy have also become favorites on her page.

After all, everyone likes cats.

I guess as I work on the new strip I'll have to figure out a way to work our cat Mercy into the creative process.

~Brother K'Bob



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Oh yeah, that's a strip

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba