Where we started


This was actually the first of the Creative Process strips and probably predates the first of the MTG strips.

It was daunting at first, sitting in front of my drawing table, faced with a blank sheet of bristol board, and trying to find my muse. I admit that more often than not the ideas just weren't there. 

The style of the comic was stolen from one of my muses. The Devils Panties was one of the first webcomics I was introduced to. It was unintentional that this comic closely mirrors one of the first Devils Panties strips but strangely apropos. I think pretty much every cartoonist goes through this.


I eventually started to figure it out and once I got the basic idea out it became simpler to write the strips. However it turned out that it was the drawing of those self said strips that would turn out to be the hard part. 

As artists we're our own worst enemies. We never think we're good enough, we never have the time. We have to get other things done. Excuses, excuses, excuses and then all of a sudden it's ten years later and you're wondering what the hell happened.

It's time to move forward again. I now have something and found my muse.

Brother K'Bob

"The essential truth is that sometimes you're worried that they'll find out it's a fluke, that you don't really have it. You've lost the muse or - the worst dread - you never had it at all. I went through all that madness early on." 

~Robin Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Ideas and projects.

Oh yeah, that's a strip

Brian Toews Interview with Global News 2004-02-10, Winnipeg Manitoba